About the History Department
Humanities and Social Sciences Building, 5th floor
9500 Gilman Drive, #0104
La Jolla, CA 92093-0104
- Phone number:(858) 534-1996
- Fax number: (858) 534-7283
- From I-5, take the La Jolla Village Drive exit heading west.
- La Jolla Village Drive curves to the north and becomes N. Torrey Pines Rd.
- Heading north on N. Torrey Pines Rd., turn right on Muir College Drive.
- Turn right into the first parking lot, P206.
- Purchase a parking permit at one of the pay stations and park in a designated spot.
- From P206, walk east to the next parking lot (P207). From there, follow the crosswalk south across Scholars Drive.
- Continue to follow the walkway south until you reach the tower of the Humanities & Social Sciences building.
- Take the elevator up to the fifth floor to the History Department.
The History Department views diversity as an integral part of the longstanding debates, struggles, and efforts to address the sources of social, economic, political, and educational inequality. Diversity thus includes the ways we acknowledge and make sense of the “variety of personal experiences, values, and worldviews that arise from differences of culture and circumstance,” including “race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, language, abilities/disabilities, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and geographic region” (UC Diversity Statement).
Diversity Officers AY 2012-13Prof. Natalia Molina Department of History Diversity Officer Associate Dean for Faculty Equity, Division of Arts and Humanities
Alina Méndez Department of History Graduate Diversity Officer
Diversity as an Intellectual Project SeriesFall 2012 Flyer
Diversity UC San Diego: http://diversity.ucsd.edu
Gifts from alumni, parents and friends play an important role in keeping the History Program at the forefront of academic and research excellence. Even modest contributions can achieve big results - and begin a lifetime of philanthropy with impact. Following are the simple steps to pledge your support - please remember to reference the "History Department" as recipient of your gift!
Step 1: Choose Your Area of Impact — Fund a fellowship to maintain graduate student excellence • Support undergraduate students through scholarships • Create an endowed chair to ensure outstanding faculty • Provide funds for greatest need for unrestricted support of the History Department.
Step 2: Designate an Amount — You can make a difference with a gift of any amount, whether it's $50, $500, $5,000 or $5 million.
Step 3: Choose Your Philanthropic Tools — Outright gift of cash • Appreciated securities • Annual Gift • Pledge (a gift over time) • Matching gift through your employer • Or consider a planned gift
Give Now! Thank you for supporting the UCSD Department of History. You can make your gift through any of the following convenient methods:
- To make your contribution online via a credit card, complete UCSD's simple and secure online form.
- To make your gift by phone, please call (858) 534-4493.
- To mail in your gift check, print this gift form, make your check payable to "UC San Diego Foundation" and mail it with your payment to:
UCSD Gift Processing, 9500 Gilman Drive, #0940, La Jolla, CA 92093-0940
Department of History, Pamela Radcliff, Dept. Chair, 9500 Gilman Drive #0104, La Jolla, CA 92093-0104
Thank you for your support!